Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Just an "I Love You" Call

There's no such thing as saying, "I love you." too many times. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that a couple should say "I love you" to each other at least 10 times each day. Now, there are many ways of saying those three words, but to women, one of the most important is to say them verbally.


You see, just as men are visually stimulated, women are aurally stimulated. It's the words that we say which bring her emotionally close to us. Believe it, or not, the Bible even teaches this, in Ephesians, chapter 5, "sanctifying her by the washing of the word." The word "sanctifying" literally means, "separating her unto yourself." So, if you want your wife separated unto yourself; or, in more modern language, stuck on you, then make sure you make good use of words.

What? You don't know any good words to say to her. I find that hard to believe. I would venture to guess that you know the words, but may be a little uncomfortable using them. Well, are you a man, or a mouse? If you are a man, I'm sure you can overcome an uncomfortable moment; and maybe even grow to like it.

Day 11 - When was the last time you called your wife on the phone, just to tell her you loved her? I don't mean you called her for something else, and finished the call by saying, "I love you." I mean called her just to express your love, and nothing else. You used to do it when you were dating, but all too often, we break that habit along the way. If it has been more than a day since you gave her an I love you call, it has definitively been too long.

So, sometime during your work day, maybe on a break or at lunch; take a moment to call her up and say, "I just called to tell you I love you." When she asks what you want, reply by saying, "Nothing, I just called to tell you that I love you." That dripping sound you will hear through the phone is her melting.

Matter of fact, lets go one step further. Why not make a habit of calling her every day, just to tell her that you love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment