Friday, February 25, 2011

Secret Signs for Secret Love

At the end of yesterday’s post I suggested using one of the ways of saying “I love you” in another language as your secret code for telling your wife that you love her in public. Today, I want to share what one of my readers responded to that.

This reader, who is a woman, told me that her she and her husband have a secret gesture that they use for saying “I love you.” The advantage of this over my secret words is that as long as you can see each other, you can do it; you don’t have to be able to talk to each other. In fact, she gave me two examples of her husband using their secret sign to tell her that he loves her, in places that you wouldn’t expect.

It seems that this man is a lawyer. Once when they were in court, and he was cross-examining a witness, he made their secret sign to his wife. Hmmm, it looks to me like he was thinking of his wife more than he was the witness. I guess that blows away the guys who try and say that they can’t stop what they’re doing to express their love to their wife.

Other times, he has made the secret sign to his wife while singing in the church choir. Don’t worry, the Bible tells us that God is love; so I’m sure he wasn’t offended by this.

So, all you’ve got to do is come up with your own secret sign. Make it something that you can do, without people thinking you’ve lost all your marbles (maybe just lost a few); something that’s unusual enough that your wife will realize you’ve done it intentionally, but simple enough that it doesn’t attract attention from others. C’mon, put that imagination to work, you can come up with something.

No comments:

Post a Comment