Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Snowy “I Love You”

I know I’ve told you this before, but it definitely bears repeating; your wife needs you to tell her that you love her at least ten times a day; that’s right, ten times. They don’t all have to be the same way, and in fact probably shouldn’t all be the same way, but ten is the magic number. Less than that, and she’s not going to be sure you love her.

One great way that I’ve found for telling my wife that I love her is to leave her some sort of love note, right where she’s sure to find it. I’m not talking about writing a love letter to her, what I’m talking about is a note that just says the three words, “I love you.”

It can be fun coming up with creative ways to make those notes and creative places to put them. For her, it’s almost like a game finding where I’ve left a love note. Sometimes, if it’s not real obvious or if she’s overlooked it, I’ll give her hints, but usually I’ll just wait until she finds the note wherever I left it.

Since it’s snowy outside (at least in some parts of the country), this gives us a unique opportunity to leave a love note in an unusual place. Yep, we’re going to make a giant love note outside.

Get on your coat and boots and let’s go outside to stamp our love note into the snow. Now, you need to make sure you’ve got a nice spot, where the kids aren’t going to mess it up. In fact, it might be a good idea to co-opt the kids on this one; at least to the point of getting them to agree to not tromp through the area where you’re making the note.

Make sure you put your snow note someplace she’s going to see it, like next to the driveway or by the front door. Another possibility is to put it where she can see it from an upstairs window. If she doesn’t catch it on her own, you can direct her attention out the window to see it.
Just remember, it’s all about telling her those three little words.

No comments:

Post a Comment