Monday, January 10, 2011

Be Bold About Your Love

Have you ever noticed how many men are ashamed to declare their love for their wives in public? It’s amazing, those same men who were willing to shout it from the rooftops, before getting married, somehow become a bunch of wimps, at least in the area of declaring their love.

If you love your wife, you should be proud about it. If you are faithful to her, that’s another reason to be proud. If you are sure of her love for you, you’ve got it all. Yet, all too often, it’s the guy who is having an affair who talks about it as if it was something great, and the guy who’s being faithful is acting like something is wrong with him. Isn’t this backwards? Shouldn’t the faithful one, who truly loves his wife, have something to brag about?

I love my wife, and my wife loves me. Neither of us have every cheated on each other, or even come close to cheating on each other. That’s the way it should be; even more, that’s something to brag about.

Day 79 – This one’s going to take some guts, guys. Are you ready? Okay, here we go. What I want to you do is make a public declaration of your love for your wife; but make sure you do it in front of her. That’s right, do it so all the world knows, and she does too.

Okay, so how can you do that? How about the next time you are at a dinner party, you ask for everyone’s attention for a moment. Use that moment to say, “I have something very important to say, and I want you all to be witnesses to it.” Then, turn to your wife and say, “Honey, I want you to know, and I want all these people to know, I love you.”
I know, I know, it may seem a little bit dramatic, and you both might be a little bit embarrassed, but it’ll be worth it. All those other women will be jealous that their husbands didn’t have the courage to do what you did. Or, maybe you’ll just start something, and help them all have the courage to follow suit.

If you don’t have a dinner party coming up, use your imagination. Where are you and your wife in public together? If you really want to get crazy, do it in a restaurant. It might be a little bit difficult to get everyone’s attention, but you should be able to get the attention of at least the tables that are close around you. Have fun, be dramatic, and most of all, make sure your wife knows that you mean it.

No comments:

Post a Comment