- Buy a small gift and hide it in her luggage for her to find when she gets to her destination.
- Make an “I love you” card and hide it in her luggage for her to find when she gets to her destination.
- Have flowers delivered to her hotel room. (Be sure to sign the card, so she doesn’t think that a business associate is making a pass at her.)
- Send her an old fashioned telegram expressing your love.
- Send a love letter to her hotel. Mail it early so that it will be awaiting her when she arrives.
- Contact the hotel and arrange for a fruit basket to be awaiting her in her room.
- Be sure to call her; don’t wait for her to call you. (By the way, hotels charge ridiculous prices for long-distance calls.)
Friday, October 5, 2012
While She's Away
If you’re like me, you’ve had to do some occasional business traveling through the years. Of course, when one is business traveling, it’s always a good idea to bring home gifts for the wife and kiddies. While that can get a bit expensive at times, it’s something that everyone expects. But, what about when your wife has to travel? Does that mean it’s your turn to receive a gift from her?
While there’s a pretty good chance that she’s going to bring you a gift back, that doesn’t mean that you should be expecting it. Expecting things is a good way to get disappointed. It’s better to not have any expectations, and be pleasantly surprised if she does it.
Of course, if you are expecting a gift and she doesn’t bring you one, you’re going to be disappointed. Since disappointments breed discontentment, that’s something you want to avoid. By the way, that’s not just true with gifts, but in all areas of your marriage.
Anyway, this blog isn’t about her being romantic to you (although I’ve thought about doing something like that a time or two), it’s about you doing romantic things for her. So, how can you use her traveling out of town as an opportunity to be romantic towards her? What can you do, to make her know that you’re thinking of her, and help her think of you at the same time?
There are actually several opportunities that her being out of town offer you, all of which are romantic and will make her feel your love while she’s away. Here are a few:
As you can see, most of these ideas are merely a long-distance version of what you would do if she were in town. It might require a bit more planning, but it’s not that hard to be romantic by long-distance. Besides, you want her to be ready to be back together with you, when she gets home.