Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Day After Valentine’s Day


Well, how did you do? Was Valentine’s Day a success for you? Did your wife really, truly understand that you love her? If so, congratulations! If not, you need to ask yourself why not.

I took the day to do a number of things for my wife, each of them with the idea of letting her know that I loved her. I didn’t buy her a big, fancy, expensive gift; rather, I expressed my love to her in a variety of ways, mostly on paper. It took time and effort, but by the end, I had showed her my love in enough ways that she knew I meant it.

The other thing I did yesterday was to post a bunch of Murphy-isms about love on Facebook. What are Murphy-isms? They are my personal sayings and proverbs. Since my mind was on love yesterday (which made it a little hard to work) I decided to encourage others to show true love to their spouses. So, for those of you who aren’t my friends on Facebook, I thought I’d reproduce them here.

  • If you've had war in your home, today is a good day to make peace. Not an armistice, which means you're both still armed camps, watching each other. Not a surrender or capitulation either, meaning that you give up and the other can have their way. No, what you need is a mutual defense treaty, which means that you are by each other's side against all opposition.
  • Here's a Valentine's day challenge for you: See how many different ways you can come up with today to tell your spouse that you love them.
  • True love is never about the least you can do to show them you love them; it's always about trying to do the most you can to show them you love them.
  • Love is patient, kind, not envious, not boastful, not prideful. It isn't rude, not self-seeking, not easily angered, nor does it keep a record of wrongs. Love is never happy to see evil, but loves truth. It always, protects, always trust, always hopes, always perseveres. - Are you lacking any of those signs of love? Then now is the time to repent.
  • They say "If you love someone, let them go..." as a test of whether or not they're yours. I say, if you don't know they're yours, you don't know them.
  • If you are concerned, thinking that your spouse doesn't love you enough, what are you doing wrong?
  • How can one say that they "fall out of love?" If love is lost that easily, then it was never love in the first place.
  • True love always carries a cost. If you're not willing to pay the cost, you don't truly love.
  • They say that "love is blind." I'd rather love with my eyes open, that way, I won't be surprised. 
  • Have you managed to convince your spouse that you're the most romantic person on the face of the earth? If not, there's still time. Don't let Valentine's day end, without convincing them of that!
  • If you can't see your spouse as a gift from God, than you're blind.
  • To say that your spouse isn't a gift from God, is to say that God made a mistake. Are you sure you want to say that?


1 comment:

  1. Lately my boyfriend of 5 months has been acting distant from me. He doesn’t show me affection like he used to. Also most nights when we were making love he shouts out the name of another person who happens to be a male co-worker. I became concerned that he has feelings for this other man or am I over reacting? I suspected he may be gay and is just using me as a cover? I contacted a cyber hacker ''hackingloop6@ gmail . c o m'', his phone was hacked and i gained remote access to his phone, seeing all he has been doing behind me with fellow men was a total shock, but knowing the truth healed my broken heart. hackingoop is also reachable on WhatsApp + 1 484 540 - 0785

    ReplyDelete