Friday, April 29, 2011

A Little Gardening Perhaps?

It’s always great for your marriage to have activities that you enjoy doing together. Uhh, that means that you both have to enjoy it, and that you also have to enjoy doing it together. Granted, there are times when one marriage partner does something just to please the other; I don’t want to belittle that at all. Marriage occasionally requires those kinds of sacrifices.

There can also be things that you enjoy doing, but just don’t work out when you do them together. For many men, golf falls into this category (at least for those who play golf). I’ve talked to men who enjoy golf, but the presence of their wife and putting up with her different way of playing really adds a lot of stress to the game for them. Oh well, I guess they need to learn how to relax a bit. It’s just a game.

Anyway, we all know that women like flowers; at least, I hope we all know that by now. I’m not an expert on the subject, but rumor has it that springtime is the time to plant flowers. So, why not plant some flowers as a together type of project?

I’m sure your local nursery would have everything you need. If you take the initiative to mention the project, then your wife will naturally give you credit for it. I don’t recommend just running down there and buying everything you need, then surprising her with it. You’ll probably do better to take here with you, so she can pick out the flowers she’d like to have.

I guess I’d better warn you right now; there’s a good chance that she’s going to take your initiative and really run with it. What I mean by that is that she might turn your little flower bed idea into some major flower beds. Just be ready for that; don’t get frustrated, and don’t worry about getting done in time for the game. You’re taking time to be with your wife; that’s more important than the game.

The two romantic things you’re doing with this project, which will gain you points with your wife, are buying her flowers and doing a project together. Remember to lock frustration away somewhere, so it can’t show up while you’re working together. That could quickly destroy the points you are trying to make.

I must confess that this is a project I’ve never done with my wife. I have a problem with this type of project, because I have a certified brown thumb. In other words, if it’s supposed to be green, I can turn it brown. Mostly, that happens because I forget to water it. Let me just say that forgetting to water the flowers that you plant together isn’t a good idea. Not only will the flowers die, but you’ll lose whatever points you made by planting them.

So, grab some cold drinks along with your shovel, and make your wife happy by giving her some flower beds to enjoy. Not only will your house look good, but she’ll remember that you did it for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment