Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Singing for the Season

You know, I’ve never been much of a singer. Oh, I’m not saying that I don’t like to sing, on the contrary, I really enjoy it; it’s just that others don’t particularly enjoy my singing. In fact, my kids pretty much don’t allow me to sing when they are around. But, then again, two of them are music majors, and I’m the guy that can’t carry a tune if you put it in a box and hand it to me.

Nevertheless, I am going to be daring enough to give a little musical advice to add to your Christmas romance. Not all romantic acts have to be in private. In fact, there are things that are romantic, even though that may not seem to be their primary purpose. It’s the fact that you are doing it together that makes it romantic.

Day 62 – Have you ever gone Christmas caroling? You know, find a nice snowy night, close to Christmas, get a group of people together, and go out to sing Christmas carols to your neighbors. It seems to me that things like that used to be much more common than they are nowadays.

Why not grab your wife, the kids, and maybe a few friends to go out and cheer up the neighborhood this Christmas season? Have a good time making some good memories; and yes, it’s romantic to boot. You can secretly be romantic with your wife, while at the same time you are building some quality family time. Wow, that sounds like a two-for-one deal if ever I heard of one.

Don’t forget the little details, like holding hands with your wife as you walk, and singing with your arms around each other. Grab one of the kids every once in a while, so that they feel a part of it; maybe even throw a snowball at them.

When you get done, make sure you’ve got some hot chocolate, or spiced cider available to finish off the evening. Sounds like some good, old-fashioned fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment