Thursday, December 16, 2010

A Warm Fire, a Cup of Tea, and Her

There’s something about a fireplace that’s special. Some say that primitive man drew comfort from having a fire, and that it would keep the wild animals away. I don’t know about primitive man, because I’ve never been one, but I have spend enough nights in the woods to know that a fire is comforting, oh, and it will keep most wild animal away.

However, we’re not talking about a fire out in the woods, but a fire in your fireplace (assuming you have one). As I said, there’s something special about having a fire in the fireplace, and something even more special about spending some time together, snuggled up in front of the fire.

Day 57 – I’m sure you can tell where I’m going with this one. Tonight, after all the kids are in bed and things have finally quieted down, make a fire in the fireplace, move the loveseat in front of it (if it’s not already there) make a couple of cups of tea, and snuggle up together in front of the fire.

This might be a great opportunity to talk about one of those “dream” topics that I mentioned in the blog post on the 7th.

If you don’t have a fireplace, sorry, I guess this one won’t work for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment